My car broke down and it took a few days before we could figure out what to do with it. A guy from a shop nearby came out to our house and hooked our car up to a dolly and towed it back to his shop and fixed it for $75! Thank you, Jesus! I can't drive Aaron's truck b/c it's a stick and I don't know how to drive one! So I had to have him drive me around or just make the runs for me, but several things we just had to cancel b/c it interfered with Aaron's schedule. Being stuck home with no car and no internet?! LOL However did I survive? Well, with 2 active boys, there's never a dull moment! LOL
Then for a couple days I was actually a hostage in my own home b/c outside there was a swarm of what our landlord thinks may have been killer bees flying all around our home and yard area. Like nothing I've seen! He suggested that they were probably migrating and looking for a home. They seem to have landed up in our roof area where there is a space/vent.
Then very dear friends moved away this week. They are missionaries and were planning to head to Mexico Feb. 1 anyway, but her mother suddenly became very ill and they had to go tend to her in the Lansing, MI area. They are dear friends and also "grandparents" to the boys. In fact he always joked how they were adoptive grandparents to our boys. And our boys loved them! I'm pretty bummed about it and didn't realize how much til we said good-bye.
We also found that Otto had an abnormal EEG that his neurologist wanted him to get. It suggests that he's at risk for epileptic seizures. While we're pretty certain he's never had one (although we don't know for the 1st 2 yrs of life), we're going to observe him for 2 months (looking for "staring seizures" where he could just be staring for a little while and his eyes might roll back a little) and then revisit the neurologist and possibly redo the test. Otto is doing so great right now! He's flourishing in his kindergarten class. I had a meeting this week at his school to discuss his placement, how he's doing, etc (IEP). And everyone had nothing but great things to say about Otto! The children love him, he's very social, knows everyone by name, follows directions, is easily redirected if needs to be, has caught on to all the rules/procedures, participates, etc. I visited the classroom twice now and the children are too cute! They all told me sweet things about Otto and how they help him, etc. It just absolutely warmed my heart! The lady from the special needs class was at the meeting and she said that Otto would not fit in to her class b/c he'd be way above all the children in her class. So he's staying in the regular kindergarten room. I was in tears in the meeting! I had to walk home from the meeting b/c my car wasn't fixed yet and the school is so close and the weather was beautiful and I'm so glad I did. I was beaming the whole way home, praising God for His love and provision. I'm so proud of Otto!
It was an eventful week. But God provided, took care, and blessed us! I feel so "rich" with so much that I'm thankful for!

No comments:
Post a Comment