Saturday, May 31, 2008

Months of the Year


Otto was saying these things this morning, and I wasn't paying much attention until a pattern caught my ear.  He said, "October, November, December."  I said, "Otto, are you saying the months of the year?!"  And he got this huge proud grin on his face.  So I started him off with January and he continued (with just a little bit of help a couple times) to recite all 12 months of the year!!!!!  Wow!  I was so proud I felt choked up!  I've also realized in the past couple days that he can recite the days of the week too!  They recite them everyday at school.  I'm definitely gonna have to continue that this summer.  I'm gonna make him up an Otto calendar.  Especially so he can keep track of what's going on each day.  He has to know what the schedule is.  this summer he has speech therapy, occupational therapy, play therapy (for emotional issues), and in June he has gymnastics class twice a week.  Right now, he'll recite his week by saying "school, school, school, school, school, Saturday, church" referring to Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun.  This summer though he can't say that anymore!  (These pictures are from our visit to the Children's Hands-On Museum in Brownsville.  It was a very neat place for the kids to play and pretend!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's so cool.

Don't you just LOVE it when they learn new things? Amazing, every time!