I was looking at a palm tree recently remembering how I used to be in such awe of them. Still am sorta. When I was little, we traveled to Florida several times (I had 2 different grandparents living there). I was so excited to cross the Florida state line and would begin my palm tree hunt. It was agonizing b/c it would be a long time before seeing one! LOL
So the other day when looking at a palm tree, I stopped and thought....wow, I can look at these trees, that many people dream about escaping to (a place that has them, that is), whenever I want. I love hearing their big palm leaves blow in the wind and rustling against one another. They are pretty messy trees though. They HAVE to be professionally maintained. I thought, wow I can look at these trees, see them whenever I want! But not for long, and while that seems a little sad, I'm far too excited about many other things about living in "up north" Michigan! :-)
I will, however, REALLY miss the ocean!!!! But I remind myself that we will be close to Lake Michigan and it has waves and long, big beaches just like the ocean. It won't have shells and the wildlife you'd see at or near the ocean but it will definitely suffice! (and won't be salty!) We'll also live near my grandmother (about an hour away) who LOVES to go to Lake Michigan! So it'll be nice to call her up and have her meet us over there. She hasn't even ever met Owen!
I do want to soak up as much of the ocean as possible before we leave! I'd like to go every weekend if we could! LOL We'll see! :-)
God is so good!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment