Thursday, July 31, 2008

Laundromat....blessing?!

I have never cared much for doing laundry, especially folding.  I like getting it done, I just don't like doing it.  I love that you can throw the clothes in there for a while and forget about it while the machine does all the work.  One thing I've always found interesting is that I'll think, "oh now's a good time to do laundry."  (Unless it was a, "yikes, we NEED to do laundry!")  But often times by the time the laundry is done, the opportune time has passed leaving me with clothes that need to be folded.  The reason for this is that I have kids.  So one minute, I might have "time" to do something and then before I know it, I don't!!!!  So I'll pull out everything that would get wrinkled and fold that quickly or hang it up, but everything else usually has to wait til I get another minute.  I like to get it folded that same day, but admittedly sometimes it could be days before I get it folded.  There have even been rare occasions where I'm emptying the clean clothes out of the hamper to put the dirty clothes in the hamper finally to go wash them!  That usually indicates a rough week!  LOL
Since moving, we have a washer but not a dryer.  So I wash the clothes and then take them to the laundromat to dry them.  I had never been to a laundromat before a couple weeks ago.  I was dreading this just looking at it as a pain.  How much easier it would be to just have a dryer and not have to leave home and save my quarters.  The first time I went, I thought, "this is so cool!"  It was a neat experience, don't ask me why at the time.  You see it alot in movies or on tv, usually with people living in the city and it was just a novel experience to have I guess, I don't know.  
But now, whew, it's one of my favorite things to do!!!!!  LOL  I get to leave the kids home with Aaron, take my book, pop the clothes into the dryers and sit and do NOTHING for 30-40 minutes while my clothes dry!  Usually I don't even get much read b/c I people watch (love to do!) or just stare into space and think.  LOL  I didn't realize how much quiet time I DON'T get with my busy, active little boys running around.  After the clothes are dry, I stay and fold them all!  ...more time to myself and by the time I get home the laundry is REALLY done, folded and all!  
Who knew that something I was so annoyed by and dreaded (not having a dryer and having to go to the laundromat) would end up being  my new favorite thing to do!!!!  LOL  Thank you, Lord for turning that right around into a blessing!

No comments: